The following process documents the manual installation of a license/firmware file to an iSTAR Pulsar device - this should be undertaken only when requested by the NCTech Support team. Under normal circumstances firmware updates should be installed by connecting to a Wi-Fi network as documented within this article, and license files will be installed by NCTech prior to unit dispatch.
To manually install a license/firmware update file:
- Download the the supplied file *.nctpucf to a Wi-Fi enabled device, ideally PC or smartphone/tablet
- Ensure that the iSTAR Pulsar mode switch is set to the Right and power up the unit to ready status (two solid green LEDs)
- Connect the device with license file on it to iSTAR Pulsar via Wi-Fi (see this article for assistance with this)
- Open a new browser window on the device and browse to http://10.15.1.1/forceupgrade.html - users will see the below user interface, note buttons to "Choose File" (1) and "Submit" (2):
- Click/tap the "Choose File" button above
- Browse to and select the downloaded license/firmware file ending .nctpucf
- Ensure that the user interface confirms the license file as having been selected
- Click/tap the "Submit" button:
- Users will see the below confirmation message in the user interface:
- The bottom status LED on iSTAR Pulsar will very briefly pulse yellow, when both status LEDs again show as solid green, the file has been installed. Users should restart the iSTAR Pulsar unit to finalise the process
The installation of the license file is very fast indeed, users may not notice the LED pulsing yellow. So long as the confirmation message above is shown and the status LEDs both return to solid green, the installation of the file has been successful.
Further assistance may be obtained by raising a support request with as much information as possible and our team will be happy to help.