iSTAR Pulsar+ users require a license file on their unit to allow for the additional functionality such as direct download of data to an external drive. The license file will be supplied by NCTech during the purchase/upgrade process, and may be installed to the device as follows:
- Download the supplied license file XXXXXPulsarPlus.nctpucf (where XXXXX is the last 5 digits of the device serial number) to a Wi-Fi enabled device, ideally PC or smartphone/tablet
- Ensure that the iSTAR Pulsar+ mode switch is set to the Right and power up the unit to ready status (two solid green LEDs)
- Connect the device with license file on it to iSTAR Pulsar+ via Wi-Fi (see this article for assistance with this)
- Open a new browser window on the device and browse to http://10.15.1.1/forceupgrade.html - users will see the below user interface, note buttons to "Choose File" (1) and "Submit" (2):
- Click/tap the "Choose File" button above (1)
- Browse to and select the downloaded license file XXXXXPulsarPlus.nctpucf
- Ensure that the user interface confirms the license file as having been selected:
- Click/tap the "Submit" button (2)
Users will see the below confirmation message in the user interface:
The bottom status LED on iSTAR Pulsar+ will very briefly pulse yellow, when both status LEDs again show as solid green, the license file has been installed. Users should restart the iSTAR Pulsar+ unit and the license file will now have been installed.
The installation of the license file is very fast indeed, users may not notice the LED pulsing yellow. So long as the confirmation message above is shown and the status LEDs both return to solid green, the installation of the license has been successful.
If further assistance is required in obtaining/installing a license file to iSTAR Pulsar+, please raise a support request with as much information as possible and our team will be happy to help.