Previously some users have encountered an issue where they have a mobile device connected to iSTAR Pulsar via Wi-Fi (mode switch to the Right), yet the iSTAR Pulsar Mobile App doesn't connect with the device.
The mobile app may simply not connect with iSTAR Pulsar at all, or may connect upon launching the app before dropping the connection again - either way, the status icons in the top right corner of the app will be "grayed-out" and inactive, and the user will see a popup stating "No iSTAR Pulsar Detected" after a period of around 10 seconds:
Here's how to address this:
- Uninstall the mobile app from the mobile device
- Instruct the mobile device to "Forget" the network "pulsar-XXXXX.OSC"
- Reboot the mobile device
- Reinstall the mobile app from the store
- Power up iSTAR Pulsar with the mode switch to the Right, await "Ready" status (2 solid green LEDs)
- Connect the mobile device to iSTAR Pulsar from scratch - await confirmation that connection has been established
ANDROID 9 (PIE) USERS
Upon connecting to the iSTAR Pulsar via Wi-Fi for the first time, most devices running Android 9 (Pie) will at this point double-check that you wish to connect with iSTAR Pulsar, as it is correctly identified as a Wi-Fi network that is not supplying internet access.
Subsequent to step 6 above, after approximately 10 seconds your mobile device will likely pop up and ask if you are sure that you wish to connect - users MUST confirm connection to the device otherwise the mobile device will not communicate with iSTAR Pulsar.
Below are two examples of this occurring: