iSTAR Pulsar is controlled via the iSTAR Pulsar Mobile App running on a compatible mobile device - see this article for further details on obtaining this. In order to communicate between the two devices, a user must first connect them via Wi-Fi as follows:
1. Ensure iSTAR Pulsar device powered up with mode switch to the Right, and in "ready" status (2 solid Green status LEDs)
Further information on powering iSTAR Pulsar may be found here in this user manual.
2. Ensure that the latest version of the iSTAR Pulsar Mobile App is installed on the mobile device
Further information on installing the iSTAR Pulsar Mobile App may be found here in this user manual.
3. Enable Wi-Fi on the mobile device, scan for available Wi-Fi networks
4. Tap to select the network pulsar-XXXXX.OSC, where XXXXX is the last 5 digits of the unit serial number
5. Enter password "pulsar-1234", and tap "Connect"
To ensure that the password is entered accurately, users may wish to consider using the visibility toggle as highlighted above.
6. Await confirmation that the devices are connected
Android 9 (Pie) users
Upon connecting to the iSTAR Pulsar via Wi-Fi for the first time, most devices running Android 9 (Pie) will at this point double-check that you wish to connect with iSTAR Pulsar, as it is correctly identified as a Wi-Fi network that is not supplying internet access.
Subsequent to step 6 above, after approximately 10 seconds your mobile device will likely pop up and ask if you are sure that you wish to connect - users MUST confirm connection to the device otherwise the mobile device will not communicate with iSTAR Pulsar.
Below are two examples of this occurring: