Once a capture has been processed, a user may download it via the VR.World Download Manager application. A downloaded capture consists of all stitched panoramas in .png format, plus one text file containing the capture's GPS data, and one csv file containing the IMU data.
The below content is relevant to VR.World Download Manager v1.7.0.
- Download the file VR World Download Manager.zip from this location
- Locate the downloaded VR World Download Manager.zip file and right-click on it
- Select "Extract All...", and specify a convenient location on the machine to extract the files to
- Locate and double-click on the file VR World Download Manager.exe to run the application
- If prompted, instruct Windows to "Run Anyway" (a user should only be asked this when running for the first time):
The software will now launch, displaying the VR.World logo as it loads:
Upon first running the VR.World Download Manager, users may see a notification stating that "Java runtime environment" is required. This is needed to use the application, users should simply click "Ok", and they will be directed to an appropriate location to download and install Java on the machine. VR.World Download Manager will not run until this has been done.
Preparing to download a capture
Locate the capture within the "Ready" tab, open the 3-line menu and select the option to "Download"
A small file of format XXXXX-YYYYYYYYYY.pulsarvrworld will download to the machine, where XXXXX is the device ID, and YYYYYYYYYY is the capture ID
.pulsarvrworld files are valid for a period of 1 week only, after which they expire and will not work. If the original copy expires, users must then download a new copy in order to obtain the capture data.
Downloading a capture's processed data with VR.World Download Manager
Browse to and run VR.World Download Manager application
Select .pulsarvrworld file for capture to download
The default output directory where the downloaded capture data will save to is where the VR.World Download Manager application was originally launched from. Users may if they wish specify a different location by clicking on the "Select Output Directory" button.
Within the specified output directory, the following folder structure will be created during download:
Output Directory>Device ID>Capture ID
Click the "Start Download" button
The specified capture will now begin downloading frame by frame, users may use the interface to:
- Monitor overall progress
- View files downloaded thus far
- Cancel the current download - users may re-load the .pulsarvrworld file later and the download will continue from the same point
Once all files for the specified capture have been downloaded, VR World Download Manager will confirm so and may be closed or used to download additional data:
For convenience, users may wish to set the VR.World Download Manager application as the default program for .pulsarvrworld files - this means that a capture may be downloaded by simply double-clicking on the initial .pulsarvrworld file.