Users may wish to establish a tethered connection between their iSTAR Pulsar device and mobile device - this means enabling the mobile hotspot feature on the mobile device to create a portable Wi-Fi network, and connecting iSTAR Pulsar to it. The process to do so is documented within this article.
If a user follows the above linked process in full and finds that iSTAR Pulsar does not connect to the enabled hotspot, they should follow the below steps to address this:
- On the mobile device, browse to Settings>Apps>Apps>iSTAR Pulsar>Storage
- Tap firstly "Clear Cache" and then "Clear Data", confirming the action if/when prompted
- Go back one screen by tapping the "back" arrow
- Tap "Force Stop"
- Reboot the mobile device
- Ensure iSTAR Pulsar power up to "ready" status with mode switch to the right
- Connect mobile device to iSTAR Pulsar via Wi-Fi
- Launch mobile app
- Browse to Settings>Network Connection
- Scan for networks
- When the dropdown menu populates, tap and hold on your hotspot in the list - you will be prompted to "Forget" it, tap "Yes" to confirm this
- Re-select your hotspot in the dropdown menu, and enter the hotspot password - type this entirely manually, do not select it from the suggested words
- Tap to "Join Network"
- Enable your mobile hotspot
- Move the iSTAR Pulsar mode switch to the left
iSTAR Pulsar should now successfully connect to the mobile device hotspot, as indicated by two solid green LEDs on the device.
As noted in point 12 above, network passwords should ALWAYS be typed manually when registering a network to iSTAR Pulsar. Auto-completing a password suggested by the mobile device keyboard generally does not work, and will result in the above noted steps having to be repeated.
Users who continue to experience issues in setting up a tethered connection may raise a support request and we'll be happy to provide further assistance around this.